What would you do when your parents and friends find out that you are a cam model?
Well, for this to never happen, you should tell them from the start, when the first thought of doing it crosses your mind, so you would avoid the panic and to also give them the news in your own terms.
So let’s say you’re just thinking about becoming a cam model.
You should have a discussion with them, sit them down and explain what a cam girl actually does.
They will have loads of questions so be prepared. Here are some of the most common ones:
Q: Is it legal?
A: Yes, it is, you have a work contract, pension fund (if you decide to work legally and you should).
Q: Are you meeting these people in real life?
A: Your answer should be NO, NEVER.
Q: Do people pay you for sex?
A: Again, the answer is “NO”; You do not meet these people in real life so no real connection will be made.
Q: If you are camming from home, they will know where you live and try to find you?
A: No, because you are not allowed by the sites to give out personal information like addresses, phone numbers or email addresses. (It’s the same if you work from a cam studio)
Q: You’ll stay in front of a camera naked all the time?
A: No, you will be wearing normal clothes, only the private shows MIGHT require nudity but that’s not something mandatory.
Q: So you’ll be at the member’s desires, do what he wants when he wants it?
A: Hell no! You will do whatever you want, on your own terms, in your own way, but with class and sass.
Q: What if anyone from our community sees you there?
A: Well, depending on how often someone enters a camsite, you would have as many questions about him being there as he would have for you.. so it’s a silent understanding that none of you will say something about this 😝
Q: Are you going to have sex on cam?
A: That will happen only if you chose to cam as a couple with your bf/gf. Otherwise, it’s just you alone.
This would be a good way of letting them know, before you do it, so you don’t have any damage control to do.
The not so good way to handle it is when they find out from somewhere that you are a cam girl
So this is what you must do:
- Confront them. Don’t run and hide. You are a mature independent woman and you make money from camming. You know what you do and you are not ashamed of it.
- Listen to them, let them scream. They don’t understand what your job is about.
Don’t yell back.
- Explain what you do… Easy! Anticipate their questions!
- Show them the contract so they know for sure it’s legal.
- Show them the money… Really! Show them how much you earn so they don’t think it’s a scam.
- Give them time. It’s hard when you are confronted with a news like this about a taboo subject in our society. They will come around eventually.
We’ll talk about how to tell your boyfriend in another article 😉
PR Manager Studio20
Tel: +40 767.259.217